Ekapadarajakapotanasana. August 6, 2016, Edie has Leena to her home to give her two daughters their first yoga class and create a home practice for the three of them.
Starting September 15th, Tuesdays: 6:10 p.m. and Saturdays: 8:30 a.m. The Hybrid Yoga Series begin: an inclusive class with a focus on Yoga Levels 1, 1-2 and 2. Adaptive/individualized modifications give support to go gentler or deeper. Each class blends meditation, breath-work, classical postures and flows with a healthy dose of practical philosophy and wellness applications. You’ll learn the benefit of every posture as a meditation and medication. Best of all, Leena’s classes in the beautiful Oak Hill Park ballroom have a view and access to the lake-side deck. There is lots of parking and a park for kids and loved ones to enjoy while you are in class. Come for the yoga, stay for the lake, park and fresh air. There is no other venue for community yoga like Oak Hill Park, Danville…anywhere. Leena loves introducing yoga to new beginners and advancing students through the years. For this class, reasonable physical fitness is best as there is a mix of beginners, advanced beginners and beginning intermediates. Leena gives personalized instruction to all!
Talk to Leena about her Rossmoor TLC/New Beginner classes and upcoming Winter 2016 TLC/New Beginner Yoga class starting at Oak Hill Park on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m.
YOGA PRACTICE GUIDELINES:
- Practice at least 2 hours after eating.
- Limit drinking 20 minutes before or after class
- Wear clothes that allow free motion, support and appropriate modesty.
- Notify instructor about any physical problems or injuries.
- Bring your own mat-Contact Leena for mat recommendations and discount coupons
FEES: Vary upon venue contracts, length of class, series or drop-in. See individual class listings.
PRIVATE SESSIONS: Individuals, couples, parties, families and youth yoga parties, conferences and retreats. Contact Leena.
YOGA CLASS DESCRIPTION DEFINITIONS: Based upon popular U. S. descriptions from Classical lineages which incorporate postural alignment of Master Yogis B. K. S. Iyengar, and Baba Hari Dass.
- All Levels: Class tailored the class to the level of the students present, all abilities are welcome.
- Yoga Back Care Basics: Therapeutic class for people with ranging back issues who seek serious, strength building and flexibility.
- Gentle Yoga: Easy-going postures for those with limited flexibility or strength.
- Hatha Flow: Flow of the breath guides natural movement of the body allowing energy to move freely, bringing balance and unity.
- Yoga 1: Basic postures focusing on alignment, breath awareness and relaxation.
- Yoga 1-2: For experienced beginners who wish to learn to build strength in holding postures.
- Yoga 2: Intermediate level postures with in-depth focus on alignment and breath awareness.
- Yoga 2-3: Intermediate-Advanced level that focuses on strength and breath awareness.
- Yin Yoga: Passive floor postures are held for several minutes for a positive and safe release of the deep layers of connective tissue in the body.
- Adaptive Yoga: Modified poses with props appropriate for physical limitations or low mobility.
- Restorative: Deep relaxation, healing, supported postures.
**Ayurveda is the ancient sister-science to yoga and the precursor to Chinese Medicine. Ayurveda precepts facilitate living in harmony with nature including Her seasons, weather and room conditions. Leena is certified as an Ayurveda Diet and Lifestyle Counselor through Mount Madonna Center.