OBJECTIVE: To empower groups, adults, youths and teens with ageless, scientifically proven nature-harmonious mind/body wellness, resilience and happiness strategies.
RESILIENCE: TEACHER-YOGA/MEDITATION/STRESS REDUCTION
More than 6200 teaching hours since June 2006
Rossmoor Fitness, Walnut Creek CA. 2014-present
Town of Danville Recreation Services, Danville CA. 2008-present
Crow Canyon Country Club, Danville CA. 2004-2014
Alameda County Employee Wellness Program, Oakland CA. 2011-2012
India Community Center/Club One, Milpitas CA. 2007-2008
Downtown Yoga, Pleasanton CA. Yoga and Meditation 2006-2007
24 Hour Fitness Super Sport, San Ramon CA. Lead Yoga Teacher, 2006-2010
LEADERSHIP/SYSTEMS/TEAMS: ORGANIZATION/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERHSHIP PROJECTS 1986-2001
Community Team-building Program Coordinator, Columbia Challenge Adventure, High/low ropes leadership/team-building program, Columbia CA.
Community Relations and Crisis Management Consultant, Southern Pacific Railroad, Inter-modal Container Transfer Facility, Los Angeles CA.
- Turned around negative government relationships in less than 18 months
- Trained a Deming Quality Team in community and employee relations
- Adopted four neighborhood inner city schools
Leadership Program Consultant and Retreat Leader, Leadership Torrance, Torrance Chamber of Commerce, Torrance CA.
Founder/Executive Director, Leadership Long Beach, Long Beach CA.
- Envisioned program and strategic plan, collaborated, raised funds
- Administered start-up of annual ten-month training program
- Facilitated 75 civic and corporate volunteer leaders design curriculum, retreats, service projects and special events
Project Director, Long Beach Centennial, Long Beach CA. Administrated start-up–hired and supervised staff, developed systems
- Created city-wide events; parade, ten-day outdoor festival, retail shop
- Directed logistics/hundreds of volunteers for eight months of celebrations
- Coordinated workshops to network political, civic and business leaders
Wellness Organization Start-up Consultant, Healthy Start Silverado Project and Healthy Start Collaborative Coordinating Council, Long Beach Unified School District, Long Beach CA.
- Guided successful program start-up in six months from ground zero
- Achieved primary goal : Awarded $400,000 Operational grant (State of CA)
- Led strategic planning, team-building, organization development
- Recruited and networked parents, community and business partners in four adjacent school neighborhoods
Turnaround Director of Administration, St. Michael and All Angels Church and pre-K to K-12 School, Studio City CA.
- Supervised completion of major earthquake repairs/maintenance backlog
- Developed and implemented property maintenance standards and schedule
- Implemented a profitable cash management system
- Recommended and implemented an improved employee benefits program
Organization Development/Marketing Consultant, Squar and Clarke Accountancy Corporation, Newport Beach CA.
- Facilitated strategic planning; coached partners individually
- Developed and implemented a profitable firm-wide marketing “game”
Director of Marketing and Communications, Windes and McClaughry Accountancy Corporation, Long Beach CA.
- Founded department; directed marketing, publications, community and media relations for largest independent public accounting firm in the Western United States
- Coordinated an international marketing conference for affiliated CPA firms
TRAUMA/CRISIS/END OF LIFE ASSESSMENT COUNSELING AND CARE
Stanford University Hospital, Interfaith Chaplain/Pastoral Counselor, Stanford, CA. 1998-1999
- Assessed and facilitated needs for patients, families and medical staff in traumatic, high-mortality, crisis environment
- Supported let-go-of-life-support experiences end-of-life planning
- Led Mid-week Mindfulness Meditation and Grief Matters programs
- Responded within 20-minute requirements as sole chaplain during weekly 24-hour on-call shifts-SUH and Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital
- Assessed and provided pastoral services for three units: North ICU-all heart and lung surgery including transplants, Cardiac Care (CCU) and Day Surgery
- Stanford Medical School, Department of Neurosurgery, Center for Compassion and Altruism Research, Compassion Cultivation Training, University of California, Berkeley, 2015
- FEMA/ CERT Certification, Walnut Creek, CA May 2014
- CERT Training for Trainers, San Ramon Fire Department, Fall 2014
- Madonna Institute, Ayurveda Lifestyle Counselor, Watsonville, CA, 2011
- Madonna Center, Watsonville, CA-Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) 2000-2006, YTT 500-2009, YTT Apprentice Teacher YTT200 & YTT500, 2009-2011
- Stanford University Hospital Interfaith Clinical Pastoral Care Select One-year Residency, Earned four units Clinical Pastoral Education, 1998-1999
- Stanford Complementary Medicine, Mindfulness Meditation Training, Stanford, CA, 1998-1999
- Agape International Spiritual Center, Santa Monica, CA, Spiritual Practitioner Training, Four year program, Licensed Practitioner Healing Arts, 1995
- Interfaith Seminary Santa Cruz, Graduated/Ordained, Santa Cruz, CA, 1998
- Harvard Law School, Principled Negotiation, Cambridge, MA, 1994
- Deming Total Quality Management Leadership Training, Los Angeles, CA
- United Way—Kellogg Leadership Development Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting Major, 1975 (cum laude)
REFERENCES HAPPILY AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST